I am very grateful for "The Guru Next Door" and the opportunity to learn more about the Option Method and its creator. It inspired me to do all I can …[ Ekaterina Boga ] >
What is the Option Method?.
Dialogues in Self Discovery Center for The Option Method is here to help you declare your emotional independence.
The Option Method is a tool that you can learn to use whenever you feel sad, angry, or disappointed, anxious, out of sorts or depressed. The Option Method can help you turn your life around when life seems overwhelming; your dreams seem out of reach and when you feel you have lost your way. Sometimes, you may even feel fine, but would want to experience more joy, more excitement, and more happiness.
How is this possible?
The Option Method is designed to get the root of any problem every time by recognizing that you have a choice in your own emotional state. Underneath all the unhappiness, whether it is the simplest annoyance or the most paralyzing fear, there is a tiny voice saying, “I have to feel the way I feel. This is happening to me.” The Option Method helps you drill down through the mystery and confusion of unhappiness so you can hear what you are really saying to yourself. Then you can begin to question your unhappiness in a way that was never possible before.
We don’t prescribe that people should be happy or unhappy about some things and not others; we don’t define happiness and unhappiness for others. But, we describe the genesis and experience of the wide variety of emotions in these broad concepts.
Activities at The Center are divided into Workshops and Services. Workshops are presented online and in-person. Services include:
- The O.M.Dialogue: Centerpiece of The Option Method, a one-hour conversation between student and teacher with the goal of answering the question: Why are you unhappy?
- O.M.Dialogue Review: Evaluations of student's ability to conduct The O.M.Dialogue with themselves and others. Includes teacher's review of O.M.Dialogue & discussion.
- Skillbuilding Teleclasses: Twelve two-hour interactive teleclasses devoted to core Option Method principles designed to build skills in using the The Option Method for personal and/or professional use. Each class repeated twice a year.
- NetTogethers: Monthly two-hour colloquium for students and teachers to share experiences, ask questions, hear and participate in live demonstrations of The Option Method.
- Progress and Coaching Consultations: One-on-one planning, progress, evaluation and coaching meetings between you and one of our Master Teachers to help guide you through training and achieve your goals.
The Teleclass was awesome! Just being virtually surrounded by Happy people and listening to them talk endlessly about their experience of Happiness an…[ Gabriel B. ] >
Happiness is feeling however you choose to feel or experience yourself, and not believing that anyth…
Happiness is feeling however you choose to feel or experience yourself, and not believing that anything makes that wrong.[ Bruce Di Marsico ]