[ Declare your emotional independence ]

Archives.

Categories.

Option has been for me the single most important experience of my life. I have learned that what I dreamed of as a kid but never thought I would have.…

[ Guy Kuperman ] >

Archive for: 23andme

+ DNA. Who am I and who do I want to be?

[ Posted on 04.25.2017 ]

Last Christmas a package arrived from 23andMe, a DNA testing company – a gift from my sister Pam. Wasn’t it going to be fun? Now the three oldest sisters (out of 9 children with varying combinations of parents) will finally find out what our true heritage is.  What secrets does our DNA hold? And guess what? A few months later we were all officially designated as Ashkenazi Jews – for me, 96.2%.  I have to admit I was a little disappointed. I always knew I was Jewish but I had really hoped there was something a little more exotic and interesting. (What? Ashkenazi isn’t exotic enough for you?!!) Maybe the other 3.8% would spice up the mix. And there it was, somewhere in the mists of time an ancestor was 100% Finnish and even better, 100% Eastern African. Now you’re talking! Some great great great great+  perhaps Ethiopian, Egyptian or Madagascan grandparent in the 1680s…

Read more

If you want to be happy, do not be unhappy now and be happy. If you don’t believe you can be h…

If you want to be happy, do not be unhappy now and be happy. If you don’t believe you can be happy now or can stop being unhappy now, use The Option Method to feel better.

[ Bruce Di Marsico ]